The Process of Scheduling a Telehealth Consultation
Today, more patients are gravitating toward telehealth solutions for their reliability, convenience, and affordability. You no longer have to wait weeks or months to see a specialist. Online questionnaires, photo submissions, and video chats with experienced professionals allow patients to be seen the same day from their own homes.
If you need to speak to a professional about your hyperhidrosis, urological needs, mental health, or just general well-being, what does the process of scheduling a telehealth consultation look like?
For General Health
Our partners at CallonDoc have served over half-a-million patients. Their 100% online, flat-fee consultation has simplified the telehealth experience for all patients. Whether it’s excessive sweating, mental health, or chronic health issues, CallonDoc can pair you with the appropriate professional to get you the answers you need.
- Complete a 5-minute online questionnaire that is submitted to a licensed medical provider for review. If applicable, a phone call, text, or video chat may be needed.
- Once completed, the prescription is sent directly to the provider, or pharmacy, or delivered to your doorstep.
- Order and receive the equipment or supplies you need
CallonDoc’s consultations are available on the same day, 7 days a week!
Save $10 with code HYPERHIDROSIS thru 12/01/22
While many aspects of urology require a traditional hands-on examination, the field is perfectly suited for telehealth. Today, adult and pediatric patients alike rely on teleurologists for online consultations.
In some cases, your initial online consultation might precede a hands-on exam, allowing your doctor to review your symptoms and medical history before prescribing a solution. Other urologic conditions, on the other hand, can be diagnosed and treated entirely online.
A telehealth appointment with a urologist may be appropriate in the following situations:
- Diagnosis and treatment of urinary tract infections (UTIs) due to straight-tip catheter use
- Monitoring of lab results for urinary retention due to benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate)
- Post-treatment monitoring of Peyronie’s disease (PD)
- Monitoring of vesicoureteral reflux (urinary reflux) in infants and children
- Follow-up consultation for prostatitis (prostate inflammation)
- Preoperative and postoperative consultations for bladder, kidney, or prostate cancer
SkyMD is a dermatology-focused telehealth provider. Their group of board-certified tele-dermatologists evaluates, diagnoses, and prescribes solutions for dozens of skin conditions, from hyperhidrosis to psoriasis.
- To start a new consultation, take a photo of the affected area(s) and upload it to the SkyMD portal
- Enter some basic information, such as how long your symptoms have persisted and what prescriptions you’re currently using or have been prescribed in the past
- A dermatologist contacts you regarding your evaluation and treatment plan
- Chat back and forth with the dermatologist in real time until all your questions have been answered
While telehealth may have once been seen as a short-term solution to alleviate the burden of COVID-19 on hospitals, today it is revolutionizing the patient experience. It may not be a complete substitution for personal attention (that’s where our Treatment Specialists here come in), but if you’re experiencing long wait times at your local doctor, don’t hesitate to schedule a telehealth consultation!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!