How To Use The Fischer: Underarms
The Fischer: Underarms is a modern, metal-free iontophoresis device. Silicone-graphite electrodes with soft sponge pad inserts deliver a better, faster, and safer experience for axillary hyperhidrosis patients. Soft-touch and designed to contour to your underarms, these state-of-the-art underarm attachments ensure treatment is delivered consistently across your skin’s surface area. This how to article reviews setup and treatment:
- First, clean your underarms by removing ointments, creams, and/or cosmetics.
- Soak the sponge pad sleeves in tap water, but don’t wring them out! The wetter the better as this helps ensure current flow.
- Take each of the axillary electrodes and insert them into the sponge pad sleeves. Make sure they are completely pushed in.
- Plug The Fischer control unit into the wall and power it on.
- Plug the axillary electrode cables into the connectors E1 and E2 located at the back of the control unit.
- Set treatment timer to 15-20 minutes
- Set power level. It’s important to treat at a level that’s comfortable for you. Most patients begin low at 1-3 mA and gradually increase over time.
- You’re now ready to begin treatment. Insert an attachment (sponge pad sleeve + electrode) under each arm, with the connector cables pointing to the front. Keep them in place by applying slight pressure with your arms.
- After your treatment timer reaches zero and you hear the beep, remove the attachments from under your arms.
- Power The Fischer off, because you’re finished!
Please refer to The Fischer instruction manual for full details on setup and treatment. Questions? Contact our Treatment Specialists today!